As we move towards opening day on the 11th February 2021, anglers are reminded of Government rules for outdoor recreation for which fishing falls under.
Local outdoor recreation, sport or exercise, walking, cycling, golf, or running that starts and finishes at the same place (which can be up to 5 miles from the boundary of your local authority area) as long as you abide by the rules on meeting other households. Members and day tickets must also follow the below guidelines.
1. Social Distancing. Always keep at least 2 metres away from ALL other people on the river (unless in your own household). In particular do not shake hands with anyone.
2. Do not share cars, huts, tackle, nets, crockery, food etc with anyone else (unless in your own household).
4. Bring your own food and drink and do not share.
5. Bring your own hand sanitiser and wipes and use regularly during the day. Wash your hands regularly wherever possible.
6. Wear gloves when touching doors, gates, styles, fences or any equipment that is not your own. If you don’t have gloves use antibacterial wipes to clean anything you have touched.
Tight lines and keep safe everyone.
Permits are available now in Pat Frasers but only 1 person is allowed in the shop at a time, so please obey the rule. A resume of last year is available when you buy your permit and also a balance sheet.
Permit prices are unchanged for 2021 season.
Season opens as usual on 11th February.
There will be no opening ceremony due to Covid
Covid rules will be the same regarding hand sanitiser and wipes.
We have Nairnside fishings once again and this is now in the permit.
There was no AGM last year due to covid and the committee is therefore the same as last year.
Everything else is the same as last year with no rule changes.
Volunteers are required for work parties on the river due to the usual winter floods. Please call Billy Maitland for information when they will be starting on 07799 876611.
Have a good safe season.